The Colorado Main Street Program offers support for community-led downtown revitalization. We help communities thrive by providing a customizable framework to focus efforts, energy, and resources to create a more vibrant community. Proven revitalization strategies and needed organization help communities identify and leverage opportunities and resources. By focusing on current community strengths and assets, the Colorado Main Street Program is a catalyst to move you forward, one step at a time.
Quarterly newsletters and
monthly “The Main Thing” publications:
The Colorado Main Street Program is customizable, accessible, and holistic.
- Framework to help focus your efforts, not a specific list of tasks for completion
- Support to create a roadmap that builds on your community’s unique strengths
- Leverage current leaders and efforts to build a sustainable foundation
- Action items evolve as your community needs change
- Start small based on capacity, and then work through an incremental process
- Support and trainings are available at every step along the way
- Align community assets, volunteers, and support to work toward a common goal
- Ongoing series of initiatives builds community support and create lasting progress
- A full suite of support services to revitalize your downtown
The Colorado Main Street program is paid for in part by a History Colorado State Historical Fund grant.
- Program Contacts
Traci Stoffel, Main Street Specialist
- Colorado Main Street Advisory Board
Colorado Byways Program Manager, Colorado Department of Transportation
Dr. Chris Bowles
Director of Preservation Incentives Programs/Deputy State Historic Preservation Officer, History Colorado
Creative District Program Manager,Colorado Creative Industries, A Division of the Office of Economic Development and International Trade
Executive Director, Meeker Chamber of Commerce
University of Colorado Denver, University Technical Assistance Program
Legislative &, Policy Advocate,Colorado Municipal League
Managing Director, Public Finance, Stifel
Program Officer, Community Development,Gates Family Foundation
Jennifer Orrigo Charles
Executive Director, Colorado Preservation Inc.
Colorado Main Street is a Main Street America™ Coordinating Program. As a Main Street America™ Coordinating Program, Colorado Main Street helps to lead a powerful, grassroots network of over 40 Coordinating Programs and over 1,200 neighborhoods and communities across the country committed to creating high-quality places and to building stronger communities through preservation-based economic development.