The most successful applications to this program are those from counties with less than 50,000 people, and from communities with fewer than 25,000 people. Projects that will be funded include plans, construction, programs, and capacity building. All applications must create and retain jobs, either direct or indirect. Projects should fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Job creation and retention - Both through direct and indirect means.
- Capacity building - Under special circumstances, DOLA will consider funding local economic development capacity. Staff must be tied to a specific outcome, project, and timeline, which contributes to goals of job creation, business attraction/retention, and economic resilience.
- Economic resilience - Economic resilience is the ability of a community’s economy and systems that support the economy to withstand disruption and thrive in the face of change.
- Supports entrepreneurial ecosystems - Entrepreneurial ecosystems provide trainings, networking opportunities, and infrastructure to support local entrepreneurs.
All projects should be identified as a priority for the community within a comprehensive and holistic approach.
Application and Forms
The 2022 - 2023 Round 2 REDI grant cycle opens September 1, 2022 and closes September 30, 2022
- Application Instruction and Guidelines (PDF)
- Application Instructions and Guidelines (WORD)
- REDI Budget-Financials Template
- REDI webinar video
REDI Program Manager