The purpose of the EIAF Program is to assist political subdivisions that are socially and/or economically impacted by the development, processing, or energy conversion of minerals and mineral fuels. Funds come from the state severance tax on energy and mineral production and from a portion of the state's share of royalties paid to the federal government for mining and drilling of minerals and mineral fuels on federally-owned land.
Eligible entities to receive grants and loans include municipalities, counties, school districts, special districts and other political subdivisions and state agencies.
The Department of Local Affairs is pleased to announce the following schedule for applications into the Energy and Mineral Impact Assistance Program through June 30, 2021. There will be 2 application cycles through June 2021 rather than the 3 cycles conducted in recent years.
Application, Review and Award Schedule for Fiscal Year 2021 (July 2020 – June 2021)
Energy Impact schedule highlights (subject to change) are as follows:
Cycle 21-01: $15,000,000 available for Tier I and Tier II grant requests
- Application period opens: September 1, 2020
- Application period closes: midnight October 1, 2020
- Tier I award/no award letters: mid-November, 2020
- Tier II Advisory Committee hearings January 12-13, 2021
- Tier II award/no award letters: late January 2021
Cycle 21-07: $15,000,000 available for Tier I and Tier II grant requests
- Application period opens: February 1, 2021
- Application period closes: midnight March 1, 2021
- Tier I award/no award letters: late April 2021
- Tier II Advisory Committee hearings: June 30 – July 1, 2021
- Tier II award/no award letters: mid-July 2021
Tier I applications are accepted for grant requests up to or equal to $200,000
Tier II applications are accepted for grant requests over $200,000 and up to $1,000,000
- Applicants with Tier II applications are required to provide a virtual or in-person presentation at the Tier II Advisory Committee hearings listed above.
Financial Assistance Available
Amounts available will vary based upon revenues generated by severance and federal mineral lease collections.
Forms and Resources
- Program Guidelines & Applications
Before applying, please review the High Performance Certification notice.If you have questions in preparing your application, please contact your DOLA Regional Manager.
- Reimbursement Request Form Information
- Energy/Mineral Impact Grant Program Training
Application How To
Completing W-9 and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) forms video
How to Create an Account and Request Project Associations
Completing an RFR Form
Executed Contract Review
Report / Reimbursement requests in Portal
Program Overview &, Application Process
Project Monitoring &, Project Closeout
Funding Decisions and Annual Reports
- Funding Decisions
To see historical funding decisions, please visit the archives.
- Annual Reports
To see historical annual reports, please visit the archives.
Energy Impact Awards Across Colorado
Please contact your Regional Manager with questions.