The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) is a federally funded program that provides formulaic grants to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty in communities.Colorado has 32 eligible local entities working under nine CSBG federal objectives including employment, education, income management, housing, emergency services, nutrition, linkages with other programs, self sufficiency, and health.
- Education and Cognitive Development
- Income, Infrastructure, and Asset Building
- Health and Social/Behavioral Development (includes Nutrition)
- Civic Engagement and Community Involvement
- Services Supporting Multiple Domains
- Linkages (e.g. partnerships that support multiple domains)
- Agency Capacity Building
- Other (e.g. emergency management/disaster relief)
CSBG is not open for applications, it is provided to already established eligible entities across Colorado.
Per statute, 90% of CSBG funds are allocated to the eligible entities, while 5% is for administration and 5% is for discretionary awards. DOLA prioritizes the training, technical assistance and capacity needs of its CSBG grantees as the primary priority for discretionary funding.