Media Contact: Chynna Cowart
email@example.com | 303-656-7464
The Colorado State Demography Summit is held in the fall of each year. This one-day conference offers attendees the opportunity to explore the most current population and economic conditions and forecasts for the state and its regions and what is driving these changes.
The State Demography Office (SDO), within the Department of Local Affairs (DOLA), will return to holding its annual fall summit in-person on Friday, November 3, from 8:45 a.m.to 3:30 p.m.
This one day Summit will help to unlock the implications of the dynamic population, employment and housing trends impacting the state today and in the future.
This year’s Summit with feature presentations on:
- Updates to Colorado’s Population Estimates: With new Census 2020 data and updates to housing, migration, births, and deaths, how and where Colorado has changed since 2020.
- Population Forecasts: Over the next ten years Colorado's population will continue to grow, age, and diversify. Join SDO and explore answers to our biggest questions regarding Colorado's growth over the next decade and discuss what it means for all of us.
- State and Regional economic trends: where is job growth expected and how will the industry drivers influence regional changes. The session will also include a panel of economists from around the state providing their viewpoint on some of the key strengths and weaknesses facing their region.
- Changes in life expectancy from the U.S. Center for Disease Control.
- Unlocking Insights: The Census Bureau’s New Tools, Applications, and Data Sets.
- Colorado Housing trends, unpacking data sources, household insights, and builder challenges in Colorado. Discover the interplay between housing, population, and household dynamics. We will dissect the latest data trends in Colorado's housing market, and examine the conditions faced by builders as they strive to meet the evolving needs of households.
2023 State Demography Summit Details
|Date: November 3, 2023|
|Time: 8:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Doors open at 8:15 a.m.|
|In-Person Location: Arapahoe Community College, 6900 S. Santa Fe Drive, Littleton Colorado, 80120|
Registration is open from October 2, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. to October 31, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
Stay up-to-date with the State Demography Office.