The Office of Regulatory Oversight (ORO) oversees the regulatory functions of the Division of Housing through the Building Codes and Standards Section section and the Mobile Home Park Oversight Program.
The Building Codes and Standards Section (BCS) regulates:
- Construction of factory-built structures (residential and nonresidential);
- Installation of manufactured homes, multi-family structures and tiny homes;
- Sales of manufactured homes and tiny homes;
- Site built construction of hotels, motels, and multi-family units in those areas of the state where no local building department exists;
- Foundation systems design and installation for manufactured homes, tiny homes, and factory-built structures in areas of the state where no local building department exists; and
- Standards for accessible housing.
The Mobile Home Park Oversight Program (MHPOP) regulates mobile home parks.
Regulation occurs in partnership with local governments, the federal government, other state agencies, nonprofits, and the private sector.