If you are an affordable housing developer, public housing authority, or community organization that wishes to apply for funding for affordable housing development, homelessness prevention, or rental assistance projects, download the development application instructions, application, and related forms from this page. See application instructions for Division of Housing priorities, eligibility and requirements.
If you are a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) seeking operating funds, click here for the application.
All application cycles are competitive. DOLA accepts applications according to the following schedule:
|First of every month:||Rental acquisition, rehabilitation and new construction, including homeownership subdivision development|
|July 1:||Single-family Owner-occupied (SFOO) housing rehabilitation programs|
|September 1:||Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) operating funds|
|December 1:||Down payment assistance (DPA) programs|
- Development Funding Application - You can submit an application for funding in Neighborly. Contact your Housing Development Specialist to open a new application.
- Example Neighborly Application
- Application Checklist: Rental New Construction
- Application Checklist: Rental Rehabilitation
- Application Checklist: Rental Acquisition
- Application Checklist: Rental Acquisition and Rehabilitation
- Budget Spreadsheet(.XLS) for use in preparing grant or loan applications
Note: If you have completed the latest version of the CHFA LIHTC Application spreadsheet and submitted it to CHFA, you do not need to complete the above DOH Budget Spreadsheet.
- Programs spreadsheet (.XLS) for use in preparing down payment assistance (DPA), single-family rehab (SFOO), and CHDO Operating applications
- Development Application Instructions
Instructions and Reference Materials
- Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) Addendum to Application Instructions
- PSH Services Plan and Budget
- DOLA Environmental Review page(with links to forms)
- Multifamily Rehab Standards
Contact one of our Housing Development Specialists for questions about the application, forms or process.
If you'd like to receive email updates about Funding Opportunities, sign up for our mailing list.