If you or your tenants have been unable to pay rent due to financial hardship caused by COVID-19, you may be eligible for rental assistance from the state.
The Colorado Legislature and Governor Polis have passed Senate Bill 20B-002 authorizing an additional $54 million in housing assistance for people economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
*** Please Note: Program Guidelines are changing due to the requirements of the federal funds. You may be required to submit additional information before your application is approved***
Property Owner Preservation (POP) program
This is for landlords and property owners applying for assistance on behalf of their tenants only. Tenants/residents are NOT eligible to apply through this program. Tenants must apply through the Emergency Housing Assistance Program (EHAP). Click on “TENANTS” here to find out more about this program and how to apply.
For Landlords/Property Owners to qualify for this program:
- Your tenants complete the Colorado Declaration of Need or the CDC Declaration Form attesting to their need for rental assistance.
- The rent for the unit for which assistance is requested is set at or below the POP maximum rent listed below (POP Maximum Rents). All reasonable mobile home lot rents qualify. Reasonable fees and living expenses described in the lease may be reimbursed, excluding late fees, legal fees and fees charged for returned payments due to insufficient funds. Units or tenants supported with a housing voucher are not eligible.
- You may apply for rent in arrears back to March 1, 2020. Rent is considered in arrears on or after the 5th of the month. (For example, you can apply for October rent on or after October 5th.
- You may make a request on behalf of a tenant multiple times, as long as funding still is available and the tenant still has need.
- The rental unit or mobile home park must meet basic health and safety requirements. Self certification is required.
- Your property is not in foreclosure (if it is, a receivership has been established by the courts) and your state and local real estate taxes have been paid.
- You agree to all program requirements and provide the proper documentation. Full program guidelines can be found below.
- Landlords and tenants who are legally related or are sharing a home are not eligible to apply for this program. Instead the tenant should apply for rental assistance through one of our partners agencies. Click on “TENANTS" here to find out more about this program and how to apply:
W-9 Form W9 form must be dated in 2020 and include a local mailing address if applicable
(If you are an individual looking for rental or mortgage assistance click on TENANTS AND HOMEOWNERS below or call 211 or visit www.211Colorado.org to find out how to apply).
- TENANTS AND HOMEOWNERS
To Qualify for the Emergency Housing Assistance Program (EHAP):
- You were unable to pay your rent, mortgage or mobile home lot rent because you experienced financial need due to COVID-19.
- Your household monthly income is at or below the maximum income listed here.
- You have not already received rental assistance that covered your rent or mortgage or mortgage forbearance.
- You complete the application for assistance and provide all of the needed documentation.
- Other qualifications and documentation required will be explained by the agency you work with to access the funds.
- Units that receive rental assistance through a voucher program are not eligible.
Colorado is committed to accessibility for all applicants. If you require this material in an alternate format, please contact an EHAP agency listed below. Questions about completing the online application can be directed to email@example.com.
STATEWIDE - ALL COUNTIES
The Salvation Army
Monday through Friday 9 am through 4 pm
Broomfield FISH Family Resource Center
Open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm
LARIMER AND WELD COUNTIES
Neighbor to Neighbor
Monday through Friday 8 am through 4 pm
The Action Center
Monday through Friday 9 am through 4 pm
ALAMOSA, RIO GRANDE, SAGUACHE, CONEJOS, COSTILLA, AND MINERAL COUNTIES
La Puente Home, Inc
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 8 am through 4 pm; Wed 1 pm through 4 pm