Emergency Rental Assistance

Paying rent

If you or your tenants have been unable to pay rent due to financial hardship caused by COVID-19, you may be eligible for rental assistance from the state.


This is for landlords and property owners applying for assistance on behalf of their tenants only. Tenants/residents are NOT eligible to apply through this program. Tenants must apply through the Emergency Housing Assistance Program (EHAP). Click on “TENANTS” here to find out more about this program and how to apply. 

For Landlords/Property Owners to qualify for this program:

  • Your tenants complete the Tenant Certification of Need stating that they were unable to pay rent because they experienced financial need due to COVID-19.
  • The rent for the unit for which assistance is requested is set at or below the POP maximum rent listed below (POP Maximum Rents). All reasonable mobile home lot rents qualify. Reasonable fees in the lease may be reimbursed, excluding late fees, legal fees and fees charged for returned payments due to insufficient funds. Units or tenants supported with a housing voucher are not eligible.
  • The rental unit or mobile home park meets basic health and safety requirements. Self certification is required.
  • Your property is not in foreclosure (if it is, a receivership has been established by the courts) and your state and local real estate taxes have been paid.
  • You agree to all program requirements and provide the proper documentation. Full program guidelines can be found below. 
  • Landlords and tenants who are related by blood or marriage are not eligible to apply for this program. Instead the tenant should apply for rental assistance through one of our partners agencies. Click on “TENANTS" here to find out more about this program and how to apply.

Properties with just a few residents delinquent on rent may consider referring those residents to the Emergency Housing Assistance Program (EHAP).

Program documents:

Program Guidelines
Housing Quality Standards Certification
Mobile Home Park Quality Standard Certification
POP Maximum Rents
W-9 Form W9 form must be dated in 2020 and include a local mailing address if applicable
W-9 Instructions
HAP Agreement
Tenant Certification of Need (ENG/SPA)
Waiver for related tenants-landlords


(If you are an individual looking for rental or mortgage assistance please call 211 or visit www.211Colorado.org to find out how to apply).


To Qualify for the Emergency Housing Assistance Program (EHAP):

  • You were unable to pay your rent or mobile home lot rent because you experienced financial need due to COVID-19.
  • Your household monthly income is at or below the maximum income listed here
  • You have not already received rental assistance that covered your rent. 
  • You complete the application for assistance and provide all of the needed documentation.  
  • Other qualifications and documentation required will be explained by the agency you work with to access the funds.
  • EHAP can also be used for mortgage assistance for qualifying homeowners.

EHAP Complete Program Guidelines

You must go through a local agency. The agency will help you with the application.

Dial 211 or visit www.211colorado.org to find the agency that can connect you to rental or mortgage assistance.


For questions about the program: DOLA_POP@state.co.us

To report potential fraud or concerns: DOLA_POPFraud@state.co.us