Office of Housing Finance and Sustainability Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
Community Development Block Grant – Coronavirus (CDBG-CV)
for Local Community Capacity Building – CBDO Certification
Developing local partner housing development capacity in CDBG non-entitlement communities via hiring capacity-building consultants to assist local nonprofit organizations and housing authorities through the process of becoming certified as a Community-Based Development Organization (CBDO) as defined at 24 CFR § 570.204(c).
Watch the information session on how to apply
- Beginning April 15, 2023 and on a rolling basis every month thereafter until all available funding is committed or expiration of NOFA.
- May 31, 2023 (Expiration Date subject to change.)
Funding provided under this NOFA will be in the form of 12-month grants that may be
renewed based on funding availability and project performance.
- Applicants must submit a notice of intent (NOI) to apply:
Prior to submission applicants must notify DOH of their intent to apply for CDBO
Capacity Building by submitting an email to Alexandria Torrez, CDBG Asset
Manager, Office of Housing Finance Sustainability, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CBDO Capacity Building applications must be submitted through the application portal link in Neighborly, using the CHDO application template.
- A budget outlining the anticipated cost of technical assistance consultant concerning anticipated new affordable unit production. Provide the budget using the DOH Programs Spreadsheet “CHDO” tabs including “CHDO Operating Budget” and “CHDO Operating Staff Allocation.”
- CDBG-CV CBDO NOFA
For NOFA-related questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with email@example.com.