Pools Special Initiative 2022
The Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) in collaboration with the Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) have created the Pools Special Initiative 2022 for local governments to support the operations of public swimming pools across the state for the 2022 summer season. This one-time grant program is intended to provide incentives to attract and retain public swimming pool employees to incentivize them to stay through the summer and ensure adequate staffing levels that will allow swimming pools to be open at maximum capacity.
Eligible entities include counties, municipalities and special districts that operate outdoor and/or indoor public swimming pools that are experiencing reduced hours or pool closures due to workforce recruitment and retention this summer.
- Application opens: June 21, 2022
- Application closes: midnight June 28, 2022
- Maximum request: $25,000
- Awards: July 1, 2022
- Close of Special Initiative: September 30, 2022
- Final report due: October 31, 2022
All expenses related to recruitment of public swimming pool employees, including but not limited to marketing and advertising, job board fees, referral bonuses.
- All expenses related to attracting and retaining public swimming pool employees, including but not limited to pay increases, overtime, signing bonuses, fringe benefits, team building opportunities, employee appreciation expenses.
- Any expenses not related to recruitment and retention of public swimming pool employees, including but not limited to utilities, pool supplies, pool equipment and furniture, maintenance expenses, recruitment and retention expenses for non-swimming pool employees, training*, any expenses already accounted for in your current budget.
Training needs for pool staff under this Initiative are being supported by the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE) and available through Colorado Workforce Centers | Department of Labor & Employment located across the state.