Mobile Home Park Dispute Resolution

Aerial of mobile home park

[Click on text below to open new page, where applicable]

The Mobile Home Park Oversight Program accepts complaints from:

  • Mobile/manufactured home owners;
  • Individuals on rent-to-own or lease-to-own agreements for mobile/manufactured homes;
  • Home Owners’ Associations;
  • Mobile home park owners; and
  • Mobile home park managers.

This complaint process is not anonymous. However, landlords may not take any retaliatory action(s) – threats, acts of harassment, or acts of harm or injury – against mobile home owners for exercising their legal rights. A landlord may be fined up to $10,000 if the Program determines they retaliated against a home owner.

After you submit a complaint online or by mail, the Program will send you an email or letter to let you know we have received your complaint.  The Program is receiving a large number of complaints, and we appreciate your patience as we review complaints and prioritize issues in need of immediate attention.

Important Note on Evictions 

The Division cannot stop or grant a court-ordered eviction.  If you are a mobile home owner facing eviction, in addition to making a complaint with the Program, we strongly recommend you contact an outside attorney to help you with the court process.

If you receive a Summons and Complaint telling you when you have to appear in court, you should go to court and let the court know that you have made a complaint with the state’s Mobile Home Park Oversight Program. If you do not appear in court, you will lose the case by “default” and the Program will not be able to reverse this judgment.

- The Colorado Judicial Branch provides information and forms on mobile home evictions.

-  For assistance understanding and completing these forms, you can visit a Court Self Help Center.

- To request low-cost legal assistance with your case, you can contact these organizations:

Colorado Legal Services
Colorado Poverty Law Project
COVID-19 Eviction Defense

Information for Renters

If you rent a mobile/manufactured home from another individual, you can ask the home owner to make a complaint against the landlord on your behalf. If you rent a mobile home from the landlord, you are not eligible to make a complaint through the Program, but you do have rights and responsibilities under Colorado’s landlord/tenant laws. To learn more, visit Colorado Housing Connects at or call 1-844-926-6632 to speak to a Housing Navigator.

Before making a complaint, please review the documents below / Antes de presentar una queja, revise los siguientes documentos:

MHPOP Overview Complaint Process
Training on MHPOP Complaint Process (audio recording)

Complaint Process Overview / Organigrama del Proceso de Reclamos

How to File a Complaint / Como Presentar Una Queja

Sending Large Media Files to MHPOP / Envío de archivos multimedia de tamaño grande en su reclamo

Online Complaint Form (preferred) / Formulario de Queja en línea (metodo preferido)

**The online Complaint Form is currently available in the latest version of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. / El Formulario de Queja en línea está disponible en las últimas versiones de los siguientes navegadores: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.**

Paper Complaint Form / Formulario de Queja en Papel
Large Print Paper Complaint Form / Formulario de Quejas en Papel con Letra Grande

If using the paper form, print and mail the form with copies of any supporting documents (these will not be returned to you) to the address below. / Si está utilizando el formulario en papel, imprimir y enviar el formulario con copias de cualquier documento de respaldo (estos no le serán devueltos) a la dirección de correo a continuación.

Mobile Home Park Oversight Program
Colorado Department of Local Affairs, Division of Housing
1313 Sherman St. #320
Denver, CO 80203



Contact the Mobile Home Park Oversight Program at: (preferred) or 1-833-924-1147 (toll free)