The Department of Local Affairs does not provide cash grants to individuals or charge a fee for receiving grant funds. If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be a representative of a grant program managed by DOLA requesting personal information and offering grant funds, it may be a phishing or fraud attempt. Please vitis the File A Report section of Stop Fraud Colorado. For more information on fraudulent behaviors please visit the Federal Health and Human Services CSBG page on fraud.
The Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) is a federally funded program that provides formulaic grants to alleviate the causes and conditions of poverty in communities.Colorado has 32 eligible local entities working under nine CSBG federal objectives including employment, education, income management, housing, emergency services, nutrition, linkages with other programs, self sufficiency, and health.
- Education and Cognitive Development
- Income, Infrastructure, and Asset Building
- Health and Social/Behavioral Development (includes Nutrition)
- Civic Engagement and Community Involvement
- Services Supporting Multiple Domains
- Linkages (e.g. partnerships that support multiple domains)
- Agency Capacity Building
- Other (e.g. emergency management/disaster relief)
2022-2023 CSBG State Plan
The Department of Local Affairs is required to develop and submit a CSBG State Plan to the Office of Community Services, either annually or biennially, outlining the planned use of funds, program policies, and how the state office will work to ensure that the intents and purposes of the grant are met. The state office is required to make the plan available for public inspection and to hold a public hearing to provide the public an opportunity to comment on the proposed use and distribution of funds. DOLA is interested in collecting feedback on the proposed plan from local stakeholders, community members and partners. Information on the date of the public hearing and how to participate is below, along with where to send comments on the plan by email or phone.
State Plan Draft
- State Plan Draft (To be posted shortly)
- State Plan Summary (To be posted shortly)
- August 4, 2021: 1:00 - 2:30pm
- Call-in information
- Please send your comments, recommendations, or feedback by email to Alex Vercio (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also provide comments by calling 303-864-8431.
Per statute, 90% of CSBG funds are allocated to the eligible entities, while 5% is for administration and 5% is for discretionary awards. DOLA prioritizes the training, technical assistance and capacity needs of its CSBG grantees as the primary priority for discretionary funding.